Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 April 2013

  NIGHTMARE >.< 
  
      Thirteen twelve. The date that will remain as a history throughout my life. On that fine morning, we were returning home after visiting a family friend who was battling with cancer disease at HUKM. It was in the year 2003 and I was 9 years old then. 10 years had passed but it is still a nightmare for me.


      Two days before that, my father drove us to KL. Together with us were my grandparents. There were 7 of us travelling to KL including my mother and my two little sisters who were seven and four years old. It was my grandfather who wanted to meet his adopted son who was suffering with cancer at his final stage. He was a doctor.


We left our hometown late in the afternoon. We sang all the way and made hell of noises. My grandfather scolded us and we laughed. I remembered my grandfather was fasting on the sixth day of the month of Syawal. That day, we reached my uncle’s house in Bukit Beruntung at around 9p.m. After taking our dinner and performing the Isya’ prayers, we went to sleep. The next morning, we went to HUKM to visit Dr Anis Ahma my grandfather’s adopted son.

My grandfather was very eager to see him as they had not met for the past few years. As soon as my grandfather saw him, tears rolled down his cheeks. He looked like a skeleton. He was just able to blink his eyes. Outside the ward, my grandfather told us that this was his happiest moment because his wish to see his adopted son was fulfilled. He even told us that the main reason he came down to Bangi was to visit Dr. Anis. My parents were also happy to satisfy my grandparents.

After that, we went to my cousin’s house in Klang and spent the whole day there. After dinner, we returned to my uncle’s house. It was already 1.00a.m. when we went to bed.
The next morning, my grandfather ordered us to get ready for home. He was in a hurry as if something was going to happen. He looked very cheerful. We took a family photo before we left for home. 

After two hours of driving, my father complained of being sleepy. He asked for some water from my mother to wash his face. He did that for a few times. At that time, my grandfather had gone to sleep. Before that he was complaining of backache due to his spinal injury. 

Suddenly, we felt like the car shaking. It was only 200 meters away from the toll plaza. (Now, it had been closed) All of us began to scream. In a moment, I felt like the car was flying. I could hear a loud sound as if it crashed into something and then the car turned turtle.

All of us were crammed in the car. I didn’t know what happened after that. When I was conscious, I found myself lying on the hospital bed. I had a broken arm. I saw a lot of family members and friend gathering in the hospital. I was told that we met with an accident and the seven of us were injured.

 My father and grandmother were admitted in the high dependency unit in the Ipoh General Hospital. And the saddest thing was that I had lost my beloved grandfather due to his head injury. I couldn’t believe it and I couldn’t accept it, but Allah, the most Gracious and the most Merciful God has already fated it. Innalillahi wainna illaihi raajiuun. My grandmother, who was seriously injured, passed away 7 years later on 11/12/2010. I will never get a love from my grandparents again. The month of DECEMBER will always be a NIGHTMARE for me. 

p/s: Al-Fatihah to my grandparents...I really3 miss them :'(
      sorry for the long entry

No comments:

Post a Comment